In order to install UserPanel application, your server must have following requirements.
PHP version 5.6 or newer is recommended.
It should work on 5.3.7 as well, but we strongly advise you NOT to run such old versions of PHP, because of potential security and performance issues, as well as missing features.
For databases, MySQL (5.1+) via the mysql (deprecated), mysqli and pdo drivers.
Follow bellow step by step instructions to install UserPanel on your localhost or remote host.
- Create/locate a new mysql database. e.i. userpanel. this can be easily done by PHPMyAdmin software.
- Select created database, e.i. userpanel.
- Select and import userpanel.sql file. If you want to play with some dummy data to test the UserPanel app, then import userpanel_dummy_data.sql file.
- Unzip and upload UserPanel app files to web server.
- Open and set base URL in config.php file under application/config directory. the config.php file has all the infomation how you should set your base URL. so please read those comments in that file.
- Open and set necessary database configurations in database.php file under application/config directory.
- Now locate
http://[root]/users/signin/URL in your web browser.
localhost, example.com, system.example.com, etc., then UserPanel must show UserPanel signin/login form. now type
email@example.com the Email field and
Admin@123in the password field. then hit the signin button. if everything went well, you will be able to signedin/loggedin to the UserPanel as a administrator. now you can change account email, password, gravatar and pretty much everything.